The Power of Alignment
Misaligned businesses, like cars out of alignment, can develop serious problems if not corrected quickly. They are hard to steer and don’t respond well to changes in direction. This course shows participants ho to get – and keep – all the vital elements in your organisation aligned and headed in the same direction at the same time.
Managers must keep their people centred in the midst of change, deemphasise hierarchy and distribute leadership by distributing authority, information, knowledge and customer data throughout the organisation.
Alignment is a response to the new business reality where customer requirements are in flux where competitive forces are turbulent and where the bond of loyalty between an organisation and its people has been weakened. The old linear approach to management has given way to one of simultaneity – to alignment.
Who should attend?
For any manager or executive who wants to re-establish focus and energy and requires a practical approach for staying balanced and achieve high levels of performance.
Aims of the Course
Alignment links the five key elements of an organisation – people, process, customers, business strategy and leadership – to obtain breakthrough results, chief among them, sustained growth and profit, loyal customers and a high performing work force. The purpose of this course is to explain how this can be achieved.
Session 1 – am. The approach
- The framework required for aligning and linking the crucial elements that builds and sustains organisational success.
- Self-assessment tools and benchmarking measures for evaluating an organisation’s critical competencies.
- Creating a workforce where each employee can relate their activities to organisational goals and strategic objectives.
Session 2 – pm. The practice
- Determining when and where your organisation is out of alignment.
- Descriptions of common business pathologies.
- The steps required to get the organisation back on track towards a single, shared vision of its goals.
Small classes, less than 5 participants, allow maximum personal attention and interaction using exercises and contract case studies.
In its ‘off-the-shelf’ form, this is 1-day course. However, the course duration and content can be tailored to suit specific requirements.