Are you taking advantage of the economic upturn? Career opportunities in the Financial Markets are there for those that are prepared.
Participants will, by the end of the course:
- Gain clarity on what you can personally do to manage your career
- Nail your strengths, skills and development opportunities to enhance your promotion prospects
- Get focused: mapping your stakeholder relationships
- Influence for success: building your visibility and profile (internally and externally)
- Commit to action: preparing and creating a personal action plan
- Writing your CV
- Preparing for interviews
The key concepts and learning points are explained through facilitation and instructor led teaching, with consolidation by individual exercises and action planning
Stages of career development
Defining career management and expected results
Driving your career and the process to follow
Career management musts
The key to successful career management
Exercise 1 - What are my strengths?
Exercise 2 - What are my values, preferences?
Exercise 3 - The ‘wheel of work’
Exercise 4 - Future job descriptions
Exercise 5 - Preparing your CV
Exercise 6 - ‘Managing My Career’ plan
Exercise 7 - Preparing for interviews
Four weeks after the training day
Optional one-to-one session with course facilitator either face-to-face (where possible) or on the telephone to review and assist application of key learning points.