Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Masterclass
Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Masterclass – 5 days person
This workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Business Continuity (BC) and is challenged by implementation of an operational BC Management Programme. It provides delegates with concrete solutions and strategies, whilst gaining insights into the delivery of an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
This is a practical workshop that introduces a framework that is aligned with the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) 2013, NCEMA 7000-2012 and ISO 22301-2012 Societal Security; Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) requirements. It includes specific templates for carrying-out a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and completion of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that delegates will be able to take away for use in their own organisations.
It incorporates elements that bring to life Business Continuity Management (BCM), and using tested processes & procedures identifies how to analyse business impacts and risk to business operations that threats—if realised—might cause, providing a framework for building organisational resilience to deliver an effective response for safeguarding the interests of key stakeholders, reputation, brand, and value-creating activities.
- Explain the definition of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Organisational Resilience;
- Explain a 10 Stage “Plan, Do, Check, Act” (PDCA) approach for establishing an operational Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), listing coherence with NCEMA 7000 and ISO 22301, as well as other International Standards;
- Identify components of a successful BCM Programme, specifically its Policy, Strategy and supporting tools;
- Review best practice for embedding Business Continuity (BC) into an organisation, and develop a competency framework;
- List components of a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) that meet strategic, tactical and operational requirements of an organisation;
- Explain and implement methods using a BIA template, and list a Risk Assessment (RA);
- List components of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that can be adapted to organisational needs;
- Explain and implement an operational BCP template using case study data;
- List components of Crisis Management Plan (CMP);
- Explain command, coordination, communications and intelligence (3Ci) organisational requirements for managing a Major Incident;
- Apply learning points from C3i for a Major Incident case study;
- List components of Testing & Exercising (TE) for technology, people and premises;
- Explain and implement an exercise template using a Main Events List (MEL), and review supporting materials from the exercise concept through to a managing a “hot debrief”;
- Apply all learning points from this course for the ongoing management of a BCMS;
If you are a Business Continuity Manager (BCM), Business Continuity Coordinator (BCC), Crisis Manager (CM) or have responsibility for, or involvement with BCP’s, or are looking to take the BCI’s Certificate of Business Continuity and gain CBCI. This workshop will dive into the “holistic management” approach, covering key aspects for implementation of a BCMS. The processes & procedures and templates that will be covered have been implemented effectively for major international organisations and brands.