Crisis Management – 5 days in total
Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence (C3i) (2 days)
For anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Crisis Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence (C3i) and Media Handling, and wants to be challenged by realistic scenarios, this is an opportunity which cannot be missed. This workshop provides delegates with concrete solutions and strategies, whilst gaining insights into the delivery of effective C3i implementation and Crisis Management response.
This is a practical workshop that provides delegates with a framework that is aligned with the British Standards Institute (BSI) BS 11200 and International requirements. It includes specific templates for Crisis Management that delegates will be able to take away for use in their own organisations.
It incorporates elements that bring to life Crisis Management, and using tested processes & procedures identifies how to analyse complex incidents to deliver effective solutions, providing processes & procedures for building operational recovery.
- Understand the characteristics of incident, crisis and disaster management;
- Understand roles and responsibilities at all levels of a crisis management structure in public & private sector organisations;
- Understanding how to manage communications during a crisis;
- Learn best practice in dealing with the media;
- Learn about Incident Management Team (IMT) and Crisis Management Team (CMT) working, whist gaining knowledge of command, control, communications, intelligence (C3i) and decision making in a crisis;
- Learn to set up and operate a crisis command center;
Media Handling (3 days)
Delegates will also learn to apply effective stakeholder management techniques in advance of and during a crisis, provided with:
- A course delegate slide pack and a CMT plan template;
- Knowledge of the characteristics of and effects of incident, crisis and disaster;
- The confidence to set up and operate an effective crisis management center;
- Crisis management structure and the required communication between teams;
- Knowledge of dealing with internal & external communications, as well as the media;
- An understanding of best practice as a main advisor to management in a crisis;
- Knowledge and understanding of Cat 1 & 2 methodologies and operations relating to management of a Major Incident;