ICT Infrastructure Resilience and Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning
ICT Infrastructure Resilience and Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning – 5 days in total
Day 1 to 2 – ICT Infrastructure Resilience (2 days)
For anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Infrastructure Resilience Planning, this workshop provides the necessary building blocks, providing delegates with concrete solutions and strategies, whilst gaining insights into effective delivery of Resilient Networks.
This is a practical workshop that delivers a framework that is aligned with CPNI (Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure) requirements. It incorporates elements that bring to life resilience planning and tested processes & procedures, providing:
- List coherence with ISO 20000 and ISO 27301, as well as other related International Standards;
- Best practice for building and managing resilient Data Centres & Networks;
- Options for managing critical technology & infrastructure elements;
- Review best practice for embedding a Change Management framework;
- Consider supply chain management, reviewing interdependencies with other internal business areas;
Delegates will be able to apply all learning points from this course in their organisations Resilience Planning.
Day 3 to 5 – Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning, testing & Incident Management (3 days)
For anyone who wants gain a greater understanding of ICT Disaster Recovery (DR) and is challenged by implementation an operational capability, this is a workshop which you must not miss. This section of the workshop provides delegates also with concrete solutions and strategies, whilst gaining insights into the delivery of effective DR.
This is a practical workshop that provides delegates with a framework aligned with ISO requirements. It includes specific templates for carrying-out an ICT Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and completion of a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) that delegates will be able to take away for use in their own organisations.
It incorporates elements that bring to life DR, using tested processes & procedures which identify how to analyse business impacts and risks to business operations from ineffective change management, providing processes & procedures for building the technology elements for operational resilience.
- Explain the definition of Disaster Recovery (DR);
- Identify components of a successful IT DR Programme, specifically carrying out a technology Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and identifying MTPoD, RTO & RPO;
- Apply learning points from BIA using case study;
- List components of a DR Plan that can be adapted to organisational technology requirements;
- Apply learning points from High Level DR Plan template using case study;
- Explain and implement an operational High Level DR Plan template using case study data;
- Explain command, coordination and communications (3C) organisational requirements for managing a Major Incident within a Network Operations Centre (NOC);
Apply all learning points from this course to manage an IT Disaster using material provided.